About

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Belajar Bahasa Inggris - Personal Pronouns


Pronouns - personal pronouns ( Kata ganti – kata ganti orang )
Pronouns adalah kata ganti yang digunakan untuk menggantikan kata benda.
Berikut adalah kata ganti orang sebagai subject dan object:

Subject
Object
I
me
you
you
he
him
she
her
it
it
we
us
you
you
they
them

He/him digunakan untuk merujuk pria, dan she/her untuk merujuk wanita. Ketika kita tidak yakin apakah itu pria atau wanita, maka kita menggunakan they/them.

Contoh:
This is Joko. He’s my brother. I don’t think you have met him.
This is Laila. She’s my sister. Have you met her before?
Talk to a friend. Ask them to help you.
You could go to a dentist. They might help you.

Subject pronouns (kata ganti subyek)
Subject pronouns digunakan sebagai subyek kata kerja (verb):

I like your shoes.
You are early.
He is my boy friend
It is snowing
She is on holiday
We live in Indonesia.
They come from Surabaya
.

Peringatan
Ingatlah: Kalimat bahasa inggris selalu mempunyai subyek:

His mother has just retired. Was a teacher. > She was a teacher.
I’m waiting for my husband. Is late.  > He is late.

Jika memang tidak ada subyek, maka digunakan it atau there sebagai pengganti subyek. Ini dinamakan dummy subject.

 Object pronouns (kata ganti obyek)
 Object pronouns digunakan:

• sebagai obyek kata kerja (verb):

Can you help me please?
I can see you.
She doesn’t like him.
I saw her in town today.
We saw them in town yesterday, but they didn’t see us.

• setelah prepositions:

She is waiting for me.
I’ll get it for you.
Give it to him.
Why are you looking at her?
Don’t take it from us.
I’ll speak to them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment